The football teams will face each other Saturday morning at War Memorial Stadium.
For the first time since 1944, the University of Arkansas football team will take on an in-state school. The Razorbacks will face the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Golden Lions Saturday at Little Rock’s War Memorial Stadium. It’s the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. and includes a pregame flyover. Both the UAPB Golden Lion Marching Band — the Marching Musical Machine of the Mid-South — and the Razorback Marching Band — the Best in Sight in Sound — will perform at halftime. Tickets to the game are still available and more information about stadium regulations is available here.
In the days leading up to the match, people can attend events associated with Arkansas Unity & Heritage Festival Week. Sponsored overall by 100 Black Men, the Urban League, Steve Landers, Tyson and Ben E. Keith, the festival entails a series of activities that celebrates this iconic matchup. Below is a list of events:
- Thursday, October 21: Mosaic Templars Cultural Center will host a 10 a.m. reception for its Arkansas Razorback African American display. This will serve as the launch of a capital campaign to raise money for a permanent digital display.
- Friday, October 22: Tailgating will take place on the former War Memorial golf course. From 1-9 p.m., the former pro shop will host a Rib Jam with ribs and sides benefitting UAMS and Arkansas Children’s Hospital first responders. Tickets are $45 each. Live music will be featured all day, with voter registration and COVID testing and shots available from the Arkansas Department of Health.
- Friday, October 22: From 5:30-7:30 p.m., the River Market will host a free, public “Tusk V Meet & Greet” with the famous Arkansas Razorback mascot at St. Vincent’s Plaza at the corner of River Market and President Clinton Avenues.
- Saturday, October 23: A morning of tailgating will include a children’s play area, food trucks and entertainment.
- Saturday, October 23: Kick-off is at 11 a.m. between the UAPB Golden Lions and the U of A Razorbacks.
- Saturday, October 23: After the game, celebrate victory in Little Rock’s River Market Entertainment District, the epicenter of the city’s nightlife scene. At the game’s unofficial 5th Quarter, find live music at great bars. Get a wristband and a signature cup at any participating entertainment district venue to take alcohol out of the bar and into the street (see rules here).